What is a House Checking Service?
A house checking service (or house watching service) is when our trusted and trained professional periodically visits and inspects a property that is currently vacant (a second home, for example). They thoroughly document and photography the property condition and alert the owners of any issues (before they become a problem).
Inspect Your Home Inside and Out
We conduct a thorough home check that involves 40 different tasks, ensuring that nothing gets missed and any issues are immediately identified.
Perform General Property Maintenance
Bring in your mail, water plants, adjust thermostat settings, start your vehicles, and many more basic services.
Report and Document Property Condition
We always email you with the completed home checklist as well as digital photographs. You can access these reports 24/7 anywhere in the world so you can rest easy.
Help You Resolve Any Issues
If we do uncover any issues we can work with you to get them fixed (pests, leaks, structural damage, etc.). No need to make emergency trips down to your Florida home.
Prepare for Your Return
When you're ready to come back to your Florida house we'll do any tasks you need so your house is move-in ready.
We do NOT live in your home
Unlike a house sitting service, we only visit the home at scheduled times to perform our inspections (and then leave the house as it was).
What are the Benefits of a House Checking Service?
Protect Your Valuable Florida Home
Taking a chance that nothing will go wrong while you are away can easily turn into a costly mistake. A little prevention goes a long way.
Save On Homeowners Insurance
Many Florida homeowners insurance companies require that your home is not vacant more than 15 consecutive days. Otherwise, a water leak (or worse) may not be covered by your homeowners insurance. We provide verifiable proof that we checked your home so that your insurance policy remains in good standing.
No worries, no hassles, no problems. Enjoy your time away from your Florida home and let us take care of your house. We'll always keep you informed.
How Does HouseCheck Florida Work?
Meet & Greet
We will visit you at your home to discuss what services you need and for how long.
Peace of Mind
Rest easy knowing your Florida home is safe and secure and ready for you to visit in perfect shape. We'll email you inspection reports and send photos of the property.
Why We Are Different and Better
Easy Pricing and Payments
Our services and pricing are very simple and clear. All major payment methods accepted, cancel anytime.
Digital Photos and Reports
Unlike other house checking services in the area, we always provide geo-tagged and time-stamped digital photos of your property (along with a digital report that is emailed to you).
Family Owned and Operated
Our company is founded and operated by a husband and wife team. We are not a large corporate entity with dozens of locations and employees. You will have our personal attention and our trust.
Bonded and Insured
Our business is fully insured so you have the confidence of knowing your property and your possessions are protected from any possible scenario.
We are Local
We live year-round in Manatee County and will always be available for you. We're neighbors so let's meet!
If you aren't happy we aren't happy. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Services and Pricing
The Snowbird Package (Standard)
- Collect all mail, leaflets and packages
- Check for signs of vandalism or forced entry
- Inspect roof, gutters and exterior for damage or pests
- Ensure pool and spa is being maintained
- Inspect pool cage for damage
- Run faucets and flush toilets
- Operate garage door and inspect garage area
- Check irrigation settings and confirm lawn is being watered as scheduled
- Turn main water valve on and off
- Check under every sink for water leaks
- Confirm thermostat setting and humidity levels
- Test interior and exterior lights
- Ensure windows and doors are locked
- Start and idle cars
- Check garbage disposal and run dishwasher (monthly)
- Confirm smoke detectors are operational
- Check AC units for leaks or other operational issues
- Confirm water heater is on and not leaking
- Check electrical panel for tripped breakers
- Look in pantry and cabinets for signs of pests
- Check refrigerator, freezer and icemaker
- Check for rain and storm damage
- Inspect lawn, landscaping and irrigation services
- Water plants
- Pool servicing (chemicals, clean filter, etc.)
- Housekeeping services
- Stock home with groceries and other supplies before your return
- Coordinate contractors and other household services
- On-site for big deliveries like furniture
- Drive, wash or detail vehicles
- Alarm company contact person in case of emergency
- Take pictures of important mail and forward if needed